Pre-Workout Routines


For me, I have noticed if I don't prepare myself physically and mentally for a workout before starting, I would end up doing nothing! or very little, not getting much out of the 2 hour session..

Food

Try to get some food at least 2 hours before your workout; (Fibre and carbs recommended)
It would give you the energy needed to go through the session.

Music

Creating a music playlist is a really great idea for a session, you can compile all your favourite dance songs that will get you moving and worked up!
The best sessions that need music could be on the treadmills, cross-trainers and other sessions that requires speed.
In the next article, I will write the top ten songs in my workout playlist.

Drink

I stick with water to be honest, it keeps me well hydrated!
But if you know you will be working out for over an hour, you should try this home made Power aid recipe I got; Water, honey and Lemon. The honey for energy, lemon to quench your thirst and water, to keep you hydrated!.

This comes cheap, tastes good and works well.

Gear

When I go to the gym or workout at home even, I wont lie, I like to look good!
I would usually wear a sports bra and a training pant. This for me motivates me to work hard, but if you are not a fan of skin or showing off like i am, then obviously, wear something more protective and get running!

Partner

I wrote an article on this already, If you lack motivation or need that extra push, Get yourself a partner with a similar or even higher goal and desire as yourself!
Worst thing to do is to get a partner that is lazy and drags you down.


Last but not the least, try to plan your workout to avoid wasting time!
Create your personal workout programme and Follow It!
Here is an example I made earlier.

Please do not forget to COOL DOWN if you plan to use this workout! or after ANY workout!
Give yourself 5-10 to do this! Stretch the muscles and release some heat from your workout!
You wont like yourself the next 2-3 days if you don't! trust me!

You can create your very own workout plan at Bodybuilding.com

To contact me
Number: +447930576494
Facebook : IAmTolaAdeking
Instagram: TolaAdeking
Twitter: TolaAdeking
BBM: 7B6F7D5E
Email: TolaAdeking@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment